As Social Media marketing is such an important part of advertising, it’s important that all potential platforms are covered including platforms that may not seem suitable for a professional outlook. However, the growth in the platform TikTok has shown to greatly benefit businesses and has made thousands of users successful in marketing their brand on TikTok as well as well-known brands ranging from hospitality like Nando’s to commercial flight companies like Ryanair and to fashion brands such as Zara. Making this app the breeding ground for growing customer bases. However, this does mean that there is very high competition and so it is difficult to compete with these high-end brands that have an existing following base. But no fear, here are some tips and tricks you can use to be resourceful and use this app to your advantage.
- Firstly, ensure you’re fully aware of how to operate the platform, similar to Instagram and Facebook there are hidden accessories that can make managing your account easier and more effective. For example, it might be as simple as making it a business account so you are able to see analytics of who is attracted to your page. Once you have this information you can assess whether you need to alter your content to get these customer groups or whether you want to diversify.
- Also, it’s important to note that this app is for all types of content and users so the use of hashtags will be essential. This is because your videos could pop on certain timelines and algorithms and ensure you end up on the right one so you’re targeting the right audience, this can then be closely managed. Once you do it right the first time and fall into the right category all you have to worry about is your actual content.
- Content is so imperative when it comes to marketing online as it puts across an image of your business to your followers and audience, so you have to make sure your content is creating the right image you want to have. For example, professionalism should be considered but being on an app like TikTok where your videos need to go viral to be successful can make it difficult, so you need to find the right balance.
- The best way to find out how to do this is simply through good old competitive stalking, seeing what your competitors are doing that is working. So, even though there is high competition, it also gives you a chance to adapt to their content and make it your own to give you an upper hand in bringing awareness to your brand.
- Alongside finding customers it’s also a business opportunity to find business partners or potential influencers to market your products. By using this you are able to bring awareness to your products and profile to hopefully grow your following. If you want to find out any more information regarding influencer marketing or the use of word of mouth then check out our other blog ‘The impact of word of mouth and influencer marketing on a business and customer perspective’.
Once you have mastered the ins and outs of a platform like this one, these same skills can be used on other Social media platforms, making marketing on social easier and more effective. It’s good to note that this will take a lot of time and effort, but this will pay off in the future.